Anguilla Travel Tips
Anguilla Travel Tips
Are You Looking For Some Great Anguilla Travel Tips?
Where is Anguilla? The island of Anguilla is located in the British West Indies, approximately 6 miles from St. Martin in the Eastern Caribbean. (See maps of the Caribbean and Anguilla)
- Anguilla is the northern-most of the Leeward Islands in the Lesser Antilles. Latitude is 18N and Longitude is 63W.
- Anguilla’s weather is idyllic. The average temperature is 80F. Northeastern trade winds keep the island relatively cool and dry.
- Anguilla is sixteen (16) miles long and three (3) miles wide. The island is thirty-five (35) square miles.
- Topography – flat and low-lying with white sandy beaches.
- July to October is the hottest period; December to February is the coolest
- Rainfall averages 35.4 inches annually
- Time Zone – Atlantic time
- Capital – The Valley
- Population – approx. 15,000.
- Anguilla is a British Overseas Dependent Territory with an elected Chief Minister.
- Language – English
- Currency – Eastern Caribbean Dollars (EC) / US $ are widely accepted.
- The exchange rate is US $1.00=EC $2.68
- Immigration and Passports: All persons traveling to and from Anguilla must have a valid passport and clear Customs & Immigration at either the Blowing Point Ferry Terminal or at Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport. Persons traveling by private boat must contact and clear Customs & Immigration at Sandy Ground.
- Departure Taxes: Departure tax applies to all tourists departing Anguilla through the Blowing Point Ferry Terminal and Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport:
- Day Trippers to St. Martin (French Side): US $8 Adults; US $3 Children 2-11
- Day Trippers to St. Maarten (Dutch Side): US $16 Adults; US $11 Children 2-11
- Departures to St. Martin (French Side): US $23 Adults; US$3 Children 2-4; US $13 Children 5-11
- Departures to St. Maarten (Dutch Side): US $31 Adults; US $8 Children 0-2; US $11 Children 2-4; US $21 Children 5-11
- Credit cards are now accepted for departure taxes.
- For more up-to-date information, visit the Anguilla Tourist Board site.
- Drivers’ licenses – Temporary driving permits allow holders of foreign driver’s licenses to drive locally for up to 3 months. The cost is $27.00 US.
- Cars drive on the left-hand side
- Electricity – 110 volts AC
- Informal and relaxed dress code. Swimsuits in public areas are not appreciated.
- Nude and topless sun bathing is illegal on public beaches.
- Airport – Clayton J. Lloyd International Airport (aka Wallblake Airport)
- Healthcare – Princess Alexandra Hospital is located in The Quarter / the 911 system is in use.
error: Content is protected !!